YouTuber Dunkey launches indie publisher Bigmode
by Adam Fitch ·
A new indie games publisher named Bigmode has been launched by Jason Yevgeniy Gastrow, better known as YouTuber Videogamedunkey.
The company: Its founder has over 7M subscribers on YouTube.
- Gastrow, alongside his wife Leah "Leahbee" Gastrow, are co-founders of Bigmode and "aren't just the face of this company, [they] are the company."
- Described as a "harmonious continuation" of the Videogamedunkey YouTube channel, which is known for placing emphasis on highlighting good indie titles, the company aims to "publish some of the very best games out there."
- "One of the core themes of my channel has always been to slam dunk soulless cash grabs into the garbage can and lift up and praise the truly inspired works of art in this medium," the YouTuber said.
But why? He believes "many of the true games out there are being drowned out in a sea of mediocrity."
- Gastrow believes that he understands which game concepts work and which don't, claiming that Bigmode will "bring insane value to the table" for developers.
- He states that the publisher is creating the "most developer-friendly contracts possible" and doesn't want to claim creative control over games, though it will be involved in their development.