Treyarch is ramping up hiring for Call of Duty: Zombies
Call of Duty: Black Ops developer Treyarch has listed multiple new senior roles to work on an upcoming version of its “zombies” mode in the last month.
- Back in early December 2022, we highlighted two Treyarch job listings to work on maps for its iconic “zombies” mode as well as Warzone. Since our original article, Treyarch has been posting more positions related to zombies, including game designers and engineers, potentially indicating the development of 2024’s zombies mode is getting closer or is already in full swing.
- The new listings are all based in Vancouver, BC, with the lead and senior game engineer positions also available in the developer's Los Angeles offices. The job description for the lead game designer vacancy also states that the mode's development will be a collaborative effort, with the Treyarch Vancouver team collaborating with the LA-based zombies team.
- All four jobs are senior or lead positions, so those hoping to apply will need a considerable amount of experience working on and shipping AAA titles, as well as strong leadership skills. You can find the new and existing zombies positions here.
When should we expect to see new zombies content?
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II (MWII) is the first entry in the franchise’s history to break the yearly release cycle, this time sticking around for two years. Treyarch will be getting their shot at a new COD title in 2024, with zombies pretty much guaranteed to be included out of the box.
- In October 2022, a well-known leaker claimed that Treyarch had their budgets approved for a two-year cycle of their next game, similar to MWII. This will likely result in additional zombies content for the second release year if all goes according to plan.
Interested in getting involved with the development of the next Call of Duty? Check out all of our listings at Treyarch here.