Top hiring esports companies in 2022 (so far)
by Adam Fitch ·
Hitmarker, the leading jobs platform in gaming, has published data on the top hiring esports companies in 2022 (so far).
The data: The list uses data from listings on our platform, the most comprehensive source of jobs across gaming and esports.
- The inclusions of League of Legends developer Riot Games and Singaporean gaming giant Garena are based solely on esports-specific roles listed on Hitmarker.
- With that in mind, Tencent-owned Riot has been by far the most prolific hiring company for esports roles in the industry so far in 2022. Considering it's been growing its competitive efforts for VALORANT and Wild Rift, this may not be too surprising for some.
- Second is Esports Engine. Owned by Vindex — the company that also owns Belong Gaming Arenas, which is #6 on this very list — Esports Engine works across most of the major esports titles providing expertise across production, broadcasting, competition, and program design.
- Team Liquid is third overall and the top esports organization on the list. As well as hiring an impressive number of interns this year, it's been growing rapidly as it fleshes out its operations in both the Netherlands and the United States.
- Dexerto is the only news publisher that made the top 10 list, hiring across business development and advertising, development, broadcasting, and influencer relations.
- Companies that narrowly missed out on making the below infographic include university esports brand NUEL, bookmaker Rivalry, popular organization 100 Thieves, and tournament platform Challengermode.