Top hiring companies for gaming internships in 2022 (so far)
Hitmarker, the leading jobs platform in gaming, has published data on the top hiring companies for internships in gaming and esports for 2022 (so far).
The data: This list is for paid internships, with unpaid roles not being accepted on Hitmarker.
- The data is taken from listings on our platform, the most comprehensive source of jobs across gaming and esports.
- As to be expected, AAA game studios dominate the list. They're typically the largest companies in the industry and, as such, post more opportunities than most.
- Earlier in October, Hitmarker shared that there hasn't been an improvement in the proportion of paid internships in gaming over the last three years.
The findings: There are plenty of familiar names on the list.
- Electronic Arts leads the way so far with 64 paid internships being opened. Ubisoft and Epic Games round out the top three with 61 and 43 listings respectively.
- Other major companies such as League of Legends developer Riot Games (29), Apex Legends developer Respawn Entertainment (26), and Rockstar Games parent company Take-Two Interactive (18) are among the top hiring companies for interns.
- Team Liquid is the only esports company in the top 10 with 16 paid internships posted in 2022 so far. The next esports-focused company to make the list is Swiss organization Team BDS with five roles.