Gaming's top hiring companies and locations in 2022 (so far)
by Adam Fitch ·
Hitmarker, the leading jobs platform in gaming, has published two infographics providing insights into the industry's top hiring companies and locations of 2022 so far.
Top hiring companies: The data comes from job listings posted between January 1 to August 31.
- Perhaps unsurprisingly, many of the gaming industry's biggest companies have continued their impressive growth by hiring hundreds, if not thousands, of new employees.
- Unity, a game engine that's utilized by many, has by far posted the most opportunities out of any company in 2022 as of August 31. It's worth noting that it has entered an agreement to merge with ironSource in Q4 that will value the combined company at $4.4B.
- Other major players such as Electronic Arts and Ubisoft have listed over 1,000 new opportunities so far as they look to compete with other studios that are either being bought for billions of dollars or are snapping up other studios themselves. The industry may be going through an era of consolidation but thousands of new jobs are being created nonetheless.
Top hiring locations: The data comes from job listings posted between January 1 to August 31.
- Los Angeles, California was the top hiring location in gaming for 2021 and it's continuing to prove itself as the market leader in 2022. Well over 1,000 opportunities to work in the city have made their way onto Hitmarker so far this year!
- North America is clearly dominating the jobs landscape on the platform, occupying all of the top five positions in our data. It'll likely be no surprise to see the likes of Montreal, Vancouver, and San Francisco among the top locations.
- Interestingly, 2,330 L.A.-based jobs were posted on Hitmarker in the entirety of 2021. While the City of Angels is atop our list again in 2022, it appears as if there will be a sharp drop in the number of jobs when compared to the year prior — perhaps this is partly due to the growth of remote gaming jobs?