Xbox’s first titles for GeForce Now have been announced
by Danny Craig ·
Almost three months after announcing its deal with Nvidia, Xbox’s first batch of titles to release on the GeForce Now streaming service has been announced.
- Nvidia revealed in a new blog post that the first Xbox game to arrive on its cloud streaming service will be Gears 5, which is available now. The next batch of games, Deathloop, Grounded, and Pentiment, will be available on May 25. More Xbox titles will be added "regularly," according to the company, with updates shared in its GFN Thursday blog posts.
- It's worth noting that those who want to play the games on the service must first buy them through Steam, with Nvidia currently working on adding support for the Microsoft Store, which is expected to be finished "in the coming months." It does not explicitly state that Xbox Game Pass will be supported, but given that it is currently one of Xbox's biggest successes, it is expected to be available alongside purchased titles.
- Microsoft reached a 10-year agreement with Nvidia in February as part of its efforts to appease regulators in both the UK and the EU regarding its acquisition of Activision Blizzard. The UK's Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) blocked the deal as it believed Microsoft would have too much control over the cloud gaming space even with its deals with multiple cloud services. The European Commission (EC) approved the deal after Microsoft offered two free licenses for cloud services to allow game streaming.
More gaming news:
- The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom sold 10 million units in three days, making it the fastest-selling Zelda game ever. The impressive sales figures now place it as the series' second-best-selling game, with its predecessor, Breath of the Wild, holding the top spot.
- Judging from the most recent financial report from its publisher, Grand Theft Auto 6 could be released before March 2025. Take-Two Interactive expects net bookings to reach $8 billion by the end of its fiscal year in 2025, up from $5.3 billion in 2023. Many people believe that GTA 6 is one of the "several groundbreaking titles" that the company intends to release before that date.