Unity completes merger with ironSource

by Adam Fitch  · 
Unity completes merger with ironSource

Software developer Unity has officially completed its merger with business platform ironSource.

The acquisition: It closed on November 7.

  • The merger was first announced in July 2022.
  • At the time, the transaction was said to be an all-stock deal that would see ironSource become valued at $4.4B.
  • While not confirmed in this most recent announcement, it was previously stated that ironSource's shareholders will own 26.5% of the merged entity, with Unity's shareholders owning the remaining 73.5%.

Looking ahead: "We are committed to moving quickly and transparently to integrate our technologies."

  • Unity describes the benefits of the merger as mainly being for mobile game developers who use advertising to fund their businesses.
  • An official announcement states that the merger will give "mobile developers the tools they need at each stage of their development journey," including monetization.
  • "Helping developers create great games that reach players where they are has always been and will stay at the heart of what we do," said Unity CEO John Riccitiello.
Latest News