Unity completes merger with ironSource
by Adam Fitch ·
Software developer Unity has officially completed its merger with business platform ironSource.
The acquisition: It closed on November 7.
- The merger was first announced in July 2022.
- At the time, the transaction was said to be an all-stock deal that would see ironSource become valued at $4.4B.
- While not confirmed in this most recent announcement, it was previously stated that ironSource's shareholders will own 26.5% of the merged entity, with Unity's shareholders owning the remaining 73.5%.
Looking ahead: "We are committed to moving quickly and transparently to integrate our technologies."
- Unity describes the benefits of the merger as mainly being for mobile game developers who use advertising to fund their businesses.
- An official announcement states that the merger will give "mobile developers the tools they need at each stage of their development journey," including monetization.
- "Helping developers create great games that reach players where they are has always been and will stay at the heart of what we do," said Unity CEO John Riccitiello.