Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth receives a January 2024 release date
Sega has announced that the next mainline title in the Like a Dragon series (formally known as Yakuza in the west) will be released on January 26, 2024, as well as 15 minutes of new gameplay.
- The announcement was made during the RGG Summit livestream by developer Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio, confirming that the game is still coming to PC, PlayStation 4/5, Xbox One, and Series X/S, with standard, deluxe, and ultimate editions available.
- RGG Studio also released two trailers totaling 15 minutes of new footage alongside the announcement. The first video is a 10-minute story trailer that delves into the game's plot and characters, including the backstories of both protagonists, Ichiban Kasuga and Kazuma Kiryu. “Two larger-than-life heroes brought together by the hand of fate, or perhaps something more sinister,” Sega's plot summary reads. “Ichiban Kasuga, an unstoppable underdog who’s no stranger to crawling up from rock bottom, and Kazuma Kiryu, a broken man facing down his last days.”
- The second video is a five-minute gameplay trailer that shows off combat, side missions, and some of the optional activities that the protagonists can participate in, such as fan-favorite karaoke and other new additions.
More gaming news:
- Leaked emails from Xbox's Phil Spencer reveal that the company was interested in acquiring Nintendo back in 2020, referring to the Japanese gaming giant as a "prime asset."
- War Thunder players have leaked yet another sensitive military document. The thread containing the restricted flight manual for the Lockheed F-117 Nighthawk aircraft has now been removed, making it the sixth time this year that classified or restricted military documents have been shared on the game's forums.