Angry Birds developer Rovio profits $10.2M in Q3 2022
by Adam Fitch ·
Angry Birds developer Rovio has revealed its financial performance for the third quarter of 2022.
Brass tacks: The following financials are for July to September 2022.
- Revenue of $77.1M (€77.4M), up 8.4% year-on-year.
- It spent $21.2M (€21.3M) on user acquisition for the period.
- Pre-tax profit of $10.2M (€10.2M) for the quarter, down 30% year-on-year.
The company: It's investing in live games such as Angry Birds Dream Blast.
- It's best known for the Angry Birds franchise, having developed over 20 titles in the series.
- As per the financial report, it employs 522 people. It's opening up a new office in Barcelona, Spain and is already hiring for the new location.
- "I am pleased to see that we have continued to perform well in a challenging market in the third quarter," said CEO Alex Pelletier-Normand. "The performance of our live games, especially Angry Birds Dream Blast, the consolidation of Ruby Games, and a favorable fx supported those results."