A new Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi has been announced
by Danny Craig ·
A teaser trailer for a new game has been revealed 16 years after the third entry in the fighting game franchise.
- On March 6, a new teaser trailer for a new Budokai Tenkaichi game was shown during the Dragon Ball FighterZ World Tour grand finals. The trailer comes after a 16-year wait since the release of Budokai Tenkaichi 3, which is widely regarded as one of the best Dragon Ball games ever made.
- The trailer is rather brief, featuring clips from previous games in the series before Goku transforms into his Super Saiyan Blue form. The trailer contains no gameplay, but we'll likely see something from the project closer to the game's currently unknown release date. There is no word on which platforms will get the game, but we can almost guarantee that it will be available on the Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 5, and even PC.
- Since the release of Budokai Tenkaichi 3 on the PlayStation 2 and Wii, we've seen the iconic anime series re-enter the fighting genre with Dragon Ball FighterZ in 2018, shortly followed by RPG Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot in 2020. Each game received great reviews from both critics and fans of the series for their visuals and gameplay, so we're hoping that Budokai Tenkaichi 4 can live up to the hype.
Other recent game announcements:
- FromSoftware has announced that Elden Ring’s first DLC is now in development. The expansion is titled "Shadow of the Erdtree," but nothing has been revealed about the plot or content as of yet. There is no set release date, but a solid guess would be late 2023 at the earliest, with 2024 looking more likely.
- Hitman developer IO Interactive has confirmed that it is working on a new "online fantasy RPG," a strong departure from its previous work. Codenamed "Project Fantasy," there’s very little detail on the project as of now, and it’s likely still in its very early stages.