NBA 2K24 is the second-worst reviewed Steam game of all time behind Overwatch 2
2K's latest release in its basketball series has completely missed the mark, landing in the depths of Steam's negatively reviewed games, just slightly above Blizzard's Overwatch 2.
- According to Steam 250, NBA 2K24 is ranked second among the bottom 100 worst-reviewed Steam games on the platform. The game’s Steam store page currently states that out of 2,840 reviews, 11% are positive, with the rest firing shots at 2K for the "lack of effort" spent on the PC port.
- The majority of the negative reviews are due to 2K's decision to base the port on the previous generation Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions of the game, resulting in not only lackluster graphics but also locking players out of the MyNBA and The W modes and forcing them into a smaller open world in MyCareer, one of the game's most popular modes.
- Overwatch 2, which was released on Steam last month to a massive wave of review bombing for a variety of reasons including pricey microtransactions, unfulfilled promises with its PvE content, and a lack of support, is the only other title currently rated lower than 2K24. According to the store listing, only 9% of its 183,750 reviews are positive, so 2K24 still has a long way to go before reaching the bottom.
More gaming news:
- After September 20, Mario Kart Tour will no longer receive content updates. Nintendo has confirmed that the game is not being shut down, but that all future Tours will reuse content from previous updates.
- A fire has damaged the offices of GSC Game World, the developer behind the upcoming S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2. Although no employees were injured in the fire, repair costs are estimated to be up to $70,000, with data from the studio's backup servers potentially lost.