Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name details appear on PlayStation tracking website
New details regarding the upcoming Like a Dragon (formally Yakuza) title have surfaced online after a PlayStation Store tracking website was updated.
- Originally discovered by Gematsu, PlayStation Store price tracking website PSDeals has revealed that Like a Dragon Gaiden will be released on November 9, 2023, for PlayStation 4 and 5, Xbox One and Series X/S, and PC. The price tracker also reveals that those who purchase the PS4 version will be able to play the PS5 version for free. To access the current-generation version, the PS4 disc must be inserted into the PS5, which means those with a digital-only PS5 will have to repurchase the game or avoid a physical copy entirely.
- The site also reveals some gameplay details, with two different fighting styles, Yakuza and Agent, allowing the series' protagonist, Kazuma Kiryu, to switch from heavy blows to using high-tech gadgets during combat. The iconic side activities, such as karaoke, cabaret clubs, and even the pocket circuit, which was last seen in Yakuza Kiwami, make a return.
- Five new screenshots are also available, showing Kiryu and his fighting styles, as well as a glimpse of the Sotenbori district, which has appeared in several titles in the Like a Dragon series.
- Offline multiplayer is also back, allowing two people to play the game's various minigames, though full-fledged co-op is extremely unlikely. Remote play is also supported on both the PS4 and PS5, allowing the game to be streamed to a mobile device, PC, other PlayStation consoles, and the upcoming Project Q later this year.
More gaming news:
- CD Projekt Red has confirmed that the sequel to Cyberpunk 2077 will begin development in early 2024, under the direction of the newly formed CD Projekt Red North America studio. Members of the company's Vancouver studio, as well as key Cyberpunk 2077 developers from the company's headquarters in Poland, make up the team.
- Pikmin 4 will include a character creator, allowing players to customize their protagonist for the first time in the series. Although the creator appears to lack depth, it will undoubtedly make the adventure more personal for the player.