Lies of P achieves one million sales less than a month after its release
Neowiz's Pinnocchio-themed soulslike has now sold over one million copies since its September 18 release.
- The Korean developer shared the achievement on the game's X account, thanking fans for their support across all platforms, including PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, and PC. Since its release on September 18, the game has sold over one million units, with many more enjoying it via Xbox Game Pass.
- Lies of P has been a huge hit with both fans and critics, with many praising the relatively unknown studio for creating a soulslike title with its own identity compared to FromSoftware's Dark Souls franchise. The player takes on the role of Pinocchio as he attempts to reunite with his creator, Geppetto, after an army of puppets massacres the human residents of Krat.
- Earlier this month, it was discovered that a job description at Neowiz seemingly confirmed that DLC content is currently planned, though it was not specified whether or not it was in development at the time.
More gaming news:
- The English dub for Like a Dragon: Gaiden will not be available at launch, but will be added in a future update. Like most other titles in the franchise, the game will be released with a Japanese dub and English subtitles.
- Bethesda's Pete Hines has announced his retirement after more than 24 years with the company. The executive stated that he will now spend his time "exploring interests and passions" and "taking more time to enjoy life," but he will remain active in the community.