Homa raises $100M to fund growth and acquisitions
by Adam Fitch ·
French gaming startup Homa has closed its Series B funding round, raising $100M in investment.
The company: The Paris-based startup raised $65M in its Series A in 2021.
- Homa partners with independent mobile game studios to help optimize their games.
- More specifically, it creates tools that assist third-party developers in building games. The company states that it helps "game creators make and publish hit games with franchise potential built right in."
- As per its website, its tools have helped over 1,000 studios and developers across more than 80 mobile games which has led to over 1B downloads from mobile stores.
- Examples of games it's worked on include Sky Roller, Aquarium Land, Farm Land, Nerf Epic Pranks, Minesweeper, and Ground Digger.
The future: It's hired over 160 people since closing its Series A.
- It's now raised $100M in a round led by both Quadrille Capital and Headline, with contributions from Northzone, Fabric Ventures, Bpifrance, Eurazeo, and Singular.
- The capital will be utilized through investments in new tech and data products, hiring additional talent, forging new partnerships, and making acquitisions.
- Homa is working with Web3 game studio Sorare to develop games in that particular emerging market. It aims to "build a universe of interconnected games" while giving ownership of characters.