Mortal Kombat 1’s Switch port will “absolutely be getting an update,” according to Ed Boon
Ed Boon, co-creator and director of the Mortal Kombat series, has confirmed that the poorly received Mortal Kombat 1 Nintendo Switch port will receive updates soon to address a number of issues.
- Boon told BBC Newsbeat that the Switch version will "absolutely be getting an update" and that a "number of the concerns of the issues that had come up will absolutely be addressed" in the patch. While it would have been "ideal" to release a perfect port of the game for Nintendo's hybrid console, the director went on to say that anything that people are "finding a problem with" is on the list to be fixed in future updates.
- Following the game's release last week, fans took to social media to share footage and screenshots. Although everyone expected the Switch version to be a graphical downgrade compared to other platforms due to the Switch's inferior hardware, players were met with hilariously low-quality visuals, bugs, and performance issues, resulting in an overall poor experience for a game that costs a full $70.
- Outside of the Switch version, the soft reboot has received praise from fans and critics for its tight fighting mechanics, new Kameo system, and rebooted story, which provides more in-depth backgrounds for some characters than previous titles.
More gaming news:
- War Thunder players have leaked yet another sensitive military document. The thread containing the restricted flight manual for the Lockheed F-117 Nighthawk aircraft has now been removed, making it the sixth time this year that classified or restricted military documents have been shared on the game's forums.
- Assassin's Creed Mirage, Resident Evil 4 Remake, and Village are all coming to the iPhone 15 Pro in the coming months. During the recent Apple Keynote revealing the new line of smartphones, it was claimed that the power of the A17 chip inside the devices is capable of running "console versions" of the titles, marking the first time a console experience of Assassin's Creed is available on mobile.