Wolfenstein developer MachineGames is working on a new FPS
According to a job listing at the studio, it’s now working on a new shooter leading fans to believe that the role is for Wolfenstein 3.
- A new job posting for a "Senior Animator" to work on an unspecified AAA project has appeared on MachineGames' careers site. The job description states that the candidate should have a passion for "first-person immersive games," which suggests that the job is unrelated to its upcoming Indiana Jones title, which is likely to use a third-person perspective due to its emphasis on adventure and exploration.
- The listing also specifies that the candidate should have "strong familiarity with MachineGames' titles." With the majority of the studio's output being Wolfenstein titles since its inception in 2009, and only two Quake titles breaking the trend, development of Wolfenstein 3 is more than likely in full swing, as id Software is currently working on Quake Champions.
- Wolfenstein: The New Order, the rebooted series that began in 2014, was a huge success among critics and fans due to its combat and narrative, spawning a sequel and spin-off, Youngblood. Despite the fact that Youngblood was regarded as a step down from previous entries, fans have been eagerly anticipating the return of main protagonist B.J. Blazkowicz.
More gaming rumors:
- Microsoft may have hinted that a new Psychonauts game is in the works, and that it will be revealed at the Xbox Summer Showcase in June. The Australian Twitter account of the gaming giant posted a tweet containing letters that spell out "PSYCHO XXX" inside a naughts and crosses grid, implying that a third entry is on the way.
- Eidos Montreal is currently working on a co-op title powered by Unreal Engine 5, and some speculate that it could potentially be tied to the dystopian role-playing franchise Deus Ex due to a recent job posting.