Redfall peaks at 6,000 concurrent players on Steam
by Danny Craig ·
After a disastrous launch filled with bugs and technical problems, Redfall has not performed too well on Steam, peaking at an underwhelming 6,124 players.
- Arkane's first-person shooter didn't have the most successful launch on Valve's platform, with a peak of only 6,124 players, according to SteamDB. Deathloop, the company's previous title, peaked at 20,094 shortly after release, with Dishonored 2 and Prey also breaking the 20,000 mark with 22,411 and 24,594, respectively.
- Although the numbers don't look promising, Redfall's inclusion in Xbox Game Pass has likely contributed to the lower numbers, as many people have chosen to use the subscription service to try the game out for "free" rather than paying the full $70 price tag. Even so, for a AAA title under the Bethesda banner, the player numbers are unquestionably low.
- On a technical level, the game is also a mess. Aside from the usual performance issues we've seen in other recent releases, Redfall suffers from a poor AI system, forced online-only gameplay, and a slew of other bugs and glitches. It also doesn't help that the game has received mixed reviews, with many criticizing the world design and shooting mechanics while praising the variety of weapons. Only 30% of the game's Steam reviews are positive.
More gaming numbers:
- Star Wars Jedi: Survivor launched last week with numerous technical issues; however, the game has been a success in terms of player count, with a peak of 67,885 concurrent players on Steam. This is the Star Wars franchise's second-highest concurrent player count on Steam, behind only LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga.
- Since its release in November 2020, the PlayStation 5 has sold 38.4 million units, with 6.3 million of those sold in the last quarter. Despite worldwide shortages during its first two years on the market, the PS5 is one of the top 20 best-selling consoles of all time, trailing Nintendo's Game and Watch.