Homeworld 3 has been delayed until February 2024
by Danny Craig ·
Blackbird Interactive's upcoming real-time strategy (RTS) game has been delayed until early next year in order to "polish" the game.
- According to a new statement from the game's developer and publisher, Gearbox, the title has received its second delay, pushing its release date from the "first half of 2023" to February of next year. The game was originally scheduled to be released in Q4 2022, but it was postponed so that it could be delivered "at the highest quality.”
- "Our primary goal is to deliver a Homeworld experience that lives up to the standards set by its predecessors and is worthy of this series' incredible legacy," said the team. It went on to say that "Homeworld 3 is shaping up to be exactly that," but that more time is needed to “refine and polish the game" and that it is "working hard" to get the game to fans as soon as possible.
- The third entry was revealed in 2019 as a direct sequel to 2003's Homeworld 2, including a variety of new features, ship designs, and modes while maintaining the traditional RTS gameplay in its space setting. "Fully simulated ballistics" is one of the new features highlighted during its gameplay reveal, which means that projectiles such as missiles will have travel time, allowing players to avoid them by using cover and breaking lines of sight.
Other upcoming games:
- A reboot of the survival horror series Alone in the Dark will release in October 2023, with a free playable prologue available now on major platforms. In the prologue, players assume the role of Grace, a young girl who explores the Derceto Mansion in order to send a letter to protagonist Emily Hartwood.
- The remake of Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, titled Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater, has been revealed after years of speculation. The game will be released on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, and PC, with its release date currently unknown. Konami is also releasing a collection of ports of the first three Metal Gear Solid titles for modern platforms in autumn 2023.