Hideo Kojima drops a teaser for an unreleased game ahead of The Game Awards
Renowned game producer Hideo Kojima has posted a tweet depicting three logos. Could this be hinting at a Death Stranding 2 reveal at The Game Awards (TGA) or a completely new project?
- Kojima posted a cryptic tweet of three white logos on a black background paired with the caption “Starting a new journey.” The first logo is of the Automated Public Assistance Company and resembles a compass, while the middle logo depicts an umbrella, and the final logo looks to be either a squid or an octopus.
- Fans have pointed out that the tweet is likely related to Death Stranding 2 due to the second logo containing an umbrella, an item the character Fragile is often seen with throughout the original game. Some believe that the logo is similar to a bridge and could be a new symbol for the Bridges company from the first game.
- Another fan speculates that the game could be heavily related to the sea due to the logos resembling a compass, bridge, and sea monster. It was rumored in October 2022 that the game was codenamed “Ocean”, so this very well could be the case.
- It’s worth noting that The Game Awards will be hosted in Los Angeles on Thursday, December 8. We’ll most likely see the reveal of this project during the event alongside other AAA titles.
What we know about Kojima’s next game so far:
- During an interview with Leo back in May, Norman Reedus confirmed that he was working on a second Death Stranding game. After explaining how the role came about, he went on to say: “It takes a lot of work. And then the game came out, and it just won all these awards, and it was a huge thing, so we just started part two of that.”
- Although Reedus claimed that they had “just started” the second part after it won multiple awards, the game has likely been in production for a few years already. If this is the case, we might possibly see a release in the next couple of years.
- TryHard Guides released a report in June that revealed Kojima was also working on a project for Xbox titled “Overdose” after being shown some alleged early footage. The footage is of what sounds to be a third-person horror game featuring Margaret Qualley, the actress who played Mama in Death Stranding. There’s been no further information on this project since then and it’s unlikely that the upcoming announcement is related.