Complex Games acquired by Frontier Developments
Canadian games studio Complex Games has been acquired by British developer and publisher Frontier Developments.
The acquisition: The era of consolidation in games continues.
- Financial details of the deal have not been disclosed at the time of publication.
- This is the first acquisition of a development studio for the British company and is described as an example of its "dedication to growth and expansion."
- The companies had a pre-existing relationship surrounding Complex Games' Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters, as it was launched under the Frontier Foundry label earlier in 2022.
The studios: Despite being a relatively small studio, Complex Games was founded in 2002.
- Complex Games has a team of 20 people, though its workforce in Manitoba, Canada is expected to grow under the new ownership.
- There are over 800 people who work for Frontier and it's still looking to bring in new employees, from graduates to more experienced folk. At the time of publication, it has 106 opportunities listed on Hitmarker.
- "This is Frontier’s first acquisition and we will continue to explore opportunities to grow Frontier’s resources to further develop and nurture our portfolio," said CEO Jonny Watts.