A Persona 3 Remake could be in the works with supposed footage leaking online
by Danny Craig ·
Following the release of a short video clip of what appeared to be a remake of the Japanese role-playing game Persona 3, the publication Gematsu has stated that it "understands" that the rumors of a remake are true and that it has been in development for "several years.”
- A video of what was allegedly an internal clip shown during a Sega meeting in 2021 was released a few days ago by a now-deleted Twitter account. Along with footage of Persona 3's "Venus Eagle" sub-boss, what appeared to be a remake of Jet Set Radio and an in-development version of Sonic Frontiers could be seen, leading many to believe that the leak was genuine due to the attention to detail, with the Sonic Frontiers clip matching the leaked information for the scrapped version codenamed "Sonic Rangers." The inclusion of alleged Jet Set Radio footage makes sense as well, with art depicting the unconfirmed title being leaked in 2022 and reports claiming Sega was working on reboots of Jet Set Radio and Crazy Taxi.
- Following the leak, news site Gematsu stated that it "understands" that the remake has been in development at ATLUS for "several years," or is at the very least "planned." A new domain, p3re.jp, was recently registered under the same provider as the existing Persona 5 Royal site, according to Twitter user @MbKKssTBhz5. Although this is not proof that the leak is true, Gematsu is regarded as a reliable source when it comes to reporting on unannounced projects, such as correctly claiming that Persona 4 Golden would be revealed for PC at the PC Gaming Show 2020.
- Even though no announcement was made at the recent Persona Super Live 2022 Blu-ray & CD Live Stream on April 9, many speculate that the reveal will take place during PlayStation's showcase before June, as the series has traditionally been released on the PlayStation family of consoles before being ported years later. Previous leaks have claimed that we will learn more about the alleged "Persona 6" during the summer of 2023, now that the massively successful Persona 5 has been on the market for 7 years, so we could see two large franchise announcements at the same time, surprisingly, just a month after the celebrations for Persona's parent franchise, Shin Megami Tensei (SMT).
More recent leaks and rumors:
- Sony is said to be developing a new portable handheld that will be released before the PS5 Pro. The handheld will use the PS5's remote play feature rather than cloud streaming and will have an 8-inch, 1080p, 60FPS touch screen with a layout similar to the current DualSense controller.
- The limited test for Counter-Strike 2 was leaked online just days after its release. The build's single-player modes were accessible, but online play was unavailable due to a lack of connectivity to Valve's official servers. The leak caused concern as it provided cheat creators with an early look at the data behind the title, leading many to believe that the cheats created for the testing build could potentially affect the full version.