A LEGO soccer game titled LEGO 2K Goooal! is on the way
A listing for an unannounced LEGO soccer game published by 2K has appeared on a Korean game ratings website.
- As reported by Gematsu, a game called "LEGO 2K Goooal!" has been rated by the Game Rating and Administration Committee of Korea, revealing the title of the rumored LEGO soccer game. This is the latest game to emerge from the collaboration between LEGO and 2K, which was announced last year and resulted in the March release of the racing game LEGO 2K Drive. The game will be developed by Sumo Digital, the UK-based studio best known for LittleBigPlanet 3 and Team Sonic Racing.
- Following the announcement of the partnership, VGC revealed that an open-world driving game, which became 2K Drive, as well as a soccer game were in the works, with the latter set to be released before the 2022 World Cup. The reason for its delayed reveal and release date is currently unknown. Now that the game has been rated, we can expect an official review in the coming months, but for now, we'll have to hope that 2K will issue a statement regarding the leak.
- This is not the only game rumored to be the result of the LEGO 2K partnership; a third title is also said to be in the works. Even less is known about this project, including its name, developer, and even the "major sports franchise" on which it is based. According to a source close to the publisher, popular characters from previous collaborations with LEGO, such as Marvel, Harry Potter, and DC, could be included as bonus characters in the game.
More leaks and rumors:
- Multiple credible sources have claimed that rumors of a Final Fantasy IX remake being developed by Square Enix are "real" and that the game will retain the traditional gameplay style, but it "isn't on the same level as FF7's remake."
- Persona 6 is expected to be released by 2026, with upcoming releases Persona 3: Reload and Persona 5 Tactica seen as projects to keep fans entertained until then. It was also revealed that the main theme color of the game would be green.