Vexed Gaming acquires Mock-It Esports
by Adam Fitch ·
English esports organization Vexed Gaming has acquired North American team brand Mock-It Esports.
The basics: The Mock-It brand is no more.
- Financial terms of the acquisition have not been disclosed at the time of publication.
- Vexed Gaming has taken control of, and will discontinue, the Mock-It brand have opted to integrate the org's assets into its existing infrastructure.
- As part of the takeover, Vexed has now entered Halo Infinite by assuming control of Mock-It's roster of British players. The team placed 17-24th at the HCS Kickoff Major in December 2021.
The organizations: Vexed and Mock-It aren't immediately an obvious pairing.
- Founded in 2015, Vexed is a UK-centric organization that counts attending two CS:GO Majors and two Halo World Championships among its top achievements. It counts "fostering and developing grassroots talent within the UK" as one of its main functions.
- Mock-It has previously had personnel across Australia, China, Europe, and North America and is perhaps best known for hosting tournaments in Rocket League and Overwatch. The company has also competed across titles such Rocket League, Rainbow Six Siege, H1Z1, and PUBG over the years.