S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 reportedly delayed to Q1 2024
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl is now reportedly arriving next year, according to a Gamescom fact sheet provided by developer GSC Game World.
- Despite the game's official website stating that it will be released in 2023, a new fact sheet provided by the game's developer for Gamescom states that it will be released in Q1 2024. Following previous delays, previous rumors claimed that the survival shooter would arrive in December 2023.
- The playable Gamescom build was said to be running poorly on PC, with crashes, texture glitches, and game-breaking bugs, according to attendees who were able to play a short demo of the game. Due to this, as well as development issues resulting from the Russo-Ukrainian war, it appears that fans understand the delay, though some are concerned about the team's ability to release the game in good enough shape.
- Following an attack on the company by Russian hackers earlier this year, many development assets, including a test build of the game, were leaked online. However, the studio refused to give in to the attackers' demands, instead requesting that fans avoid the leak to the best of their ability as development nears completion.
More gaming news:
- Charles Martinet, who provided the voices for Mario, Luigi, Wario, and Waluigi in Nintendo's games, has announced that he will no longer be doing any work for the characters and will instead serve as the company's "Mario Ambassador. Martinet and Mario creator Shigeru Miyamoto will soon release a video honoring the actor's accomplishments after more than 25 years.
- The Final Shape, Destiny 2's next expansion, will be released on February 27, 2024, and will conclude the franchise's first saga. Bungie plans to change its post-launch content release schedule from seasons to episodes, which will be self-contained stories with brand-new gear, locations, and activities, with the release of the expansion.