ESL continues utilizing Nielsen to determine partnership value
by Adam Fitch ·
Esports tournament organizer ESL has extended its partnership with Nielsen to measure and estimate the monetary performance of its commercial relationships.
The extension: Nielsen has its own methodology for "determining the quantitative success" of partnerships.
- Having established their working relationship in 2019, ESL and Nielsen have extended their agreement for an additional three years.
- ESL utilizes Nielsen's Quality Index Media method to value its partnership campaigns across social media, broadcasts, and in-person events.
- The agreement now covers 17 events on an annual basis, including major stops in the CS:GO Pro Tour, and also includes analysis of audiences, viewership, and broadcasts.
- It's said that the continued collaboration will continue to drive "research standards" in esports by putting a measured number on the return of commercial activations and standardizing viewership metrics in the industry.
The importance: The core function of this partnership is imperative.
- Whether it's in sports or esports, being able to measure and evaluate the performance of a partnership across digital media, broadcasts, and other mediums is necessary.
- Esports especially is heavily reliant on revenues from sponsors and partners, putting a monetary value on commercial performance allows ESL to demonstrate the value it can provide to companies.
- ESL holds partnerships with several prominent brands that are looking to appeal to esports audiences. Through the CS:GO Pro Tour, the German company works with the likes of Intel, DHL, Monster Energy, Acer Predator, and Coinbase.