Astrid Entertainment launched by Sharon Tal Yguado
by Adam Fitch ·
Former Fox and Amazon executive Sharon Tal Yguado has launched game development studio Astrid Entertainment.
The studio: Not much is known about Astrid Entertainment just now.
- The studio will be remote and is set to reveal its leadership team in 2023.
- The developer will create a multiplayer title but that's the only detail that's been unveiled at the time of publication.
- It's stated that Astrid Entertainment has raised a "high seven-figure" investment from the likes of NetEase, Stardom Ventures, and Tower 26 Ventures.
The founder: Yguado has plenty of experience in the entertainment industry.
- She has previously held positions as Head of Genre Programming at Amazon Studios and Head of Fox International Studios at Fox Networks Group.
- Yguado currently serves on the board of Echo Horizon School and RACCAT and is an advisor for independent game studio Hinterland.
- "I love developing rich worlds and watching millions of people engage and build communities around them," she said in a statement. "We are seeing a new generation that wants something different. They enjoy walking into evocative worlds that give them freedom, let them hang out with their friends, explore, discover and create their own stories."