Ridgeline Games launched by Electronic Arts
Electronic Arts has unveiled the formation of new studio Ridgeline Games, a Seattle-based development team.
The studio: Its mission is said to be strongly influenced by the "breathtaking views from the mountains" where it's based in Washington.
- Ridgeline Games will be led by Halo co-creator Marcus Lehto and will focus on developing a new narrative campaign as part of the Battlefield franchise.
- The latest addition to EA's roster of in-house teams is focused on "building a diverse studio" that places significant value on having a strong work-life balance.
- “We’re continuing to invest in the future of the franchise by bringing in new talent and perspectives,” said the head of the Battlefield franchise, Vince Zampella. “With Marcus and his team at Ridgeline Games joining the world-class global team we have already in place, Battlefield is in the strongest position to succeed.”
The future of Battlefield: The publisher has a lot of faith in the IP.
- EA is clearly focused on strengthening and deepening the franchise with moves such as the formation of Ridgeline.
- While DICE has been the primary developer of the franchise since 2002, more studios have been brought in to create their own Battlefield titles over the years.
- Battlefield 2042 was considered to be a disappointment by many and DICE is already hard at work developing a new instalment that they undoubtedly hope will breathe a new life into the IP.