Resident Evil 4 remake’s iPhone 15 port will cost $60
The critically acclaimed remake of Resident Evil 4 is coming to the iPhone 15 Pro later this year, but to get the full experience, players will need to pay console game prices.
- The mobile version of Resident Evil 4 is now listed and available for pre-order on Apple's App Store, revealing that it will be released for "free," allowing fans to play through the first mission of the game before having to pay $59.99 to unlock its remaining chapters. Players can also purchase "Weapon Upgrade Tickets," which are also available in the game's current console and PC versions.
- Resident Evil 4's port was announced at Apple's recent Keynote event, alongside the unveiling of the latest iPhone lineup. According to Apple, the game will be the "console version" found on Xbox and PlayStation, which means that only the more powerful iPhone 15 Pro, iPhone 15 Pro Max, and selected iPad Pro and iPad Air models will be able to run it.
- Resident Evil Village and Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed Mirage are also scheduled to release on the iPhone 15 Pro in late 2023 and 2024, respectively, and based on the pricing of RE4, fans can expect both titles to have similar price tags with a short demo-like version to demonstrate the game's performance.
More gaming news:
- Payday 3 developer Starbreeze has apologized for the game's disastrous launch over the weekend, claiming that the server issues were caused by an error in a third-party matchmaking service. Fans are refusing to accept the apology and are instead demanding that the studio include a true offline mode in the game.
- Online gaming platform Roblox has confirmed that it has let go of approximately 30 employees in its talent acquisition department as it begins to slow hiring. The company previously stated that it intends to hold job interviews for future positions using an in-game experience.