Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 given a Fall 2023 release window
by Danny Craig ·
Insomniac Games has confirmed that the highly anticipated sequel to Marvel's Spider-Man and Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales will release in Fall 2023.
- Through their 2023 highlights blog post, PlayStation confirmed that another entry in Insomniac Games' Spider-Man game series is currently in development and set for a 2023 release.
- Similar to the previous entries, Spider-Man 2 will be a PlayStation exclusive. As confirmed by Insomniac Games when the game was revealed in 2021, the game will be exclusive to the PS5 only. There’ll be no PS4 release this time.
- The game will be a continuation of the series’ story following the events of Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, with both Peter Parker and Miles Morales returning.
- This announcement comes shortly after fans spotted that a writer at Insomniac Games updated their personal website to include the Fall 2023 release date for the project.
What else is coming to PS5?
- Along with Spider-Man 2, Insomniac Games revealed that a game based on the X-Men character Wolverine was also in the works for the PS5. There’s currently no release date and very little information about the game as a whole, however.
- Square Enix’s upcoming Final Fantasy XVI will be arriving on June 22 next year, as a six-month timed exclusive for the PS5. Xbox and PC players will need to wait until 2024 to get their hands on the highly anticipated RPG.
- Action RPG Forspoken is set to be released on January 24, 2023, with a free demo currently available for all PS5 owners. So far, the demo has garnered a mixed response, with players criticising its controls, visuals, and technical performance. Creative producer Raio Mitsuno has now assured players that the demo is not representative of the final experience in an interview with Gematsu, though. He stated that the demo was a "specially crafted gameplay demo" intended to "give a feel for the mechanics of parkour and magic."