Experience levels of gaming jobs in 2022 revealed
Hitmarker, the home of gaming jobs, has shared exclusive data on the experience levels of gaming jobs in 2022 so far.
The data: It comes from jobs posted on Hitmarker between January 1 to July 31.
- A total of 19,458 gaming jobs made their way onto the platform in the period.
- Intermediate jobs made up the majority of the jobs posted, but only slightly! 41.76% of the total jobs were senior opportunities, many more than both entry-level and junior positions.
- Over the years, a lot of people looking to enter gaming on a professional level have described having a tough time finding a suitable opportunity, and no wonder: only 5% of jobs posted in the period were entry-level.
Recommended reading → Top sectors for entry-level gaming jobs revealed
The context: Let's compare these findings to the prior year.
- In the equivalent period for 2021, a total of 21,304 jobs were posted to Hitmarker.
- It's worth remembering that the gaming industry boomed, as did job opportunities, due to the pandemic and subsequent lockdowns. The number of jobs posted on a monthly basis reduced as the year went on, especially after Q1 was over.
- Interestingly, intermediate jobs made up 46.4% of the total pool in that period. However, there were fewer senior-level roles (37.4% of listings) and more junior opportunities (11.1% of listings).