EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
As an Online Engineer you will be involved in the whole creation process from architecture design, implementation, debugging, and tuning on multiple platforms and devices. You will work on complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in the Online and Game Modes domain.
- Reporting to the Online team's manager, you will work with your peers to develop the game's foundation layer.
- You will develop technical solutions for online game features.
- You will work with a proprietary engine to help us develop stable, scalable, efficient, and shareable code.
- You will partner with people on a large team both locally and remotely.
- You will work with 3rd party software APIs.
- 3+ years of experience using C++ in a professional environment.
- Knowledge of modern database technologies, networking protocols, and 3rd party APIs.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- Experience with Client/Server, Peer-to-Peer and multi-threaded architectures.
- Experience with Visual Studio and deep knowledge of the debugging tools.
- Experience with source control systems will come in handy.
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, Lua) and interpreted languages (C#).
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.