Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey and EA SPORTS UFC.
Madden Live Services Team
The Live team supports our games for players and ensuring that future titles are shipped with the utmost quality, stability. Live engineers work with partner teams to improve testing and verification processes and maintaining a infrastructure for rapid development.
We are looking for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer to help us implement and promote SRE values and patterns within our team and across the partners we work with.
Reporting to the Lead Engineer, you will work with team members and partners worldwide; contribute to the implementation and maintenance of large-scale projects and troubleshoot and resolve issues and improve reliability across our systems. To achieve this, we require candidates who will focus on communication, uptime, and predictability.
- You will work with a small team to design appropriate test modules and improve the stability of the live product.
- Debug and diagnose runtime issues across a variety of domains.
- You will increase team efficiency through tooling or workflow enhancements.
- You will review technical implementations for impacts on stability, performance, disk, and memory budgets.
- Directly support and help engineer environments through all stages of development.
- Troubleshoot application, network, and server-level problems.
- Perform cause analyses and ensure improvements are identified and prioritized.
- Maintain documentation of systems, configurations and procedures.
- Evaluate and adopt technologies which improve the team's efficiency and capabilities.
- Add and improve technical and business metrics and using them to make decisions.
- Document your insights and best practices.
- BS degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience).
- 3+ years of experience.
- Shipped a AAA game title or provided post-launch support to a launched consumer-facing product.
- Understanding of C++ language.
- Communicate well with technical partners outside of your immediate environment/specialization.
- Excellent debugging skills.
- Experience navigating and understanding a large client/server codebase.
- Experience leading small teams of Software Engineers is a major plus.
- Experience with Windows and Linux environments.
- Automated load testing experience (either developing tools or using existing systems).
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.