EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
The C++ Engineer will be a part of the game creation process, including architectural design, implementation, and debugging on multiple platforms—working on complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in domains including rendering, gameplay, audio, user interface, online, physics, databases and tools. You will report to the team's manager and work with your peers to develop the game.
- You will work on technical solutions covering main aspects of game-development covering main areas of game development technologies, game features and optimizations of frame-rate and load-times.
- You will work with other domain owners to integrate and develop technologies into the game
- You will analyze impact to above mentioned metrics throughout the development cycle.
- You will provide feedback, guidance and solutions for improvement and optimizations.
- You will report to the development manager and work with your peers to develop the FIFA's foundation layer.
- C++ proficiency.
- 2+ years of experience in C++ software development.
- Proficiency in integrating and maintaining large-scale systems covering multiple domains.
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and run-time optimization.
- Knowledge of assembler, scripting languages (Python, Lua) and C#.
- Experience with 3rd party APIs.
- Skills debugging complex applications.
- Knowledge of job-based architectures might come in handy.
- Strong understanding of geometry, linear algebra, calculus, and physics as they pertain to transformations and motions in 3D space
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- Experience with any of these beneficial, but not required: XBOX and PlayStation platforms; Mobile, PC, or Cloud-based games; graphics libraries such as DirectX, OpenGL, or Metal; static and performance
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as requ