Rainbow Six Mobile confirmed by Ubisoft
Rainbow Six Siege is officially coming to mobile devices, with Ubisoft finally confirming the long-standing rumor on April 5, 2022.
The basics: The mobile game will be free-to-play but is yet to have an official release date.
- Following leaks, rumors, and numerous job roles indicating that a mobile version of the tactical shooter was inbound, Ubisoft has finally confirmed and detailed the game.
- Rainbow Six Mobile will look and play similar to the console and PC versions of Rainbow Six Siege, with two teams of five players competing against each other in destructible environments with specialist gadgets.
- The core game mode will be Attack vs. Defense though it's also been revealed that other PvP modes such as Secure Area and Bomb will be introduced. Bank and Border are two maps that mobile gamers will be able to enjoy from the start.
- Changes from console to mobile include shorter matches with best-of-three rounds and a redesigned heads-up display (HUD) to relay information to players.
A new trend? Rainbow Six isn't the only game that's heading to mobile devices.
- As of March 21, Ubisoft was hiring for 15 roles relating to its then-unannounced mobile game.
- Other developers hiring for their mobile efforts include Respawn Entertainment for Apex Legends, Riot Games for Valorant, and EA for Battlefield.
- With a reported 6.646 billion people owning a smartphone worldwide, and titles such as Fortnite and Call of Duty: Mobile proving to be revenue-generating machines, there's no wonder the developers behind popular console and PC games are looking to get their games in front of billions of potential new players.