Pre-orders for Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 are being refunded
Paradox Interactive has confirmed that it is offering refunds for those who pre-ordered the Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines sequel.
- In a new blog post, Paradox acknowledged that players had pre-ordered the game "a long time ago" and that its release date has yet to be determined, three years after the game's original 2020 release date was missed. Due to the lapse in time since the reveal, the studio has updated the included bonus content and stated that the items are "no longer representative of the game," deciding to offer refunds to anyone who has ordered a physical edition of the game, with digital copies also refunded if requested. The refund FAQ can be found here.
- Despite the lack of a release date, Paradox is still working on the game and plans to reveal more details about it in September. It has also released new screenshots of a few in-game locations, which don't reveal much but do give us a better look at the dark and dingy world.
- Bloodlines 2 was announced in 2019 with a 2020 release date, but developer Hardsuit Labs announced that it would be pushed back to 2021 for a variety of reasons related to staffing and the ongoing pandemic. The game was then delayed several times more, with Paradox CEO Fredrik Wester stating that a 2023 release was "not possible," with the focus remaining on avoiding technical issues that plagued the original game.
More upcoming games:
- According to a recent leak, Payday 3 will be released in September. An official announcement as well as a gameplay reveal are expected at Summer Game Fest.
- Multiple credible sources have claimed that rumors of a Final Fantasy IX remake being developed by Square Enix are "real" and that the game will retain the traditional gameplay style, but that it "isn't on the same level as FF7's remake."