Alleged images of Modern Warfare III leak online showing fan-favorite maps
Images believed to be of old-school Call of Duty (COD) maps Scrapyard and Terminal have leaked online, providing a glimpse of what to expect from the upcoming Modern Warfare III map pool later this year.
- COD leaker @CoD_Perseus has shared several images from what appear to be remastered versions of Scrapyard and Terminal, maps that first appeared in Modern Warfare 2. The Terminal images depict the area of the map with a set of escalators from various angles, as well as some additional, lower-quality images of the iconic plane. We get a better look at Scrapyard, with three images showing the remains of planes in the map's center, the office building in the back, and the exploded tank truck on the opposite side.
- The leaker has stated that the images cannot be confirmed as genuine; however, Activision has since filed DMCA claims via Twitter, which means that all images are no longer viewable in the original tweet and have been shared on other platforms. Although this does not explicitly declare the legitimacy of the images, Insider Gaming states that it has seen "similar" images from earlier stages of the game's development.
- The next COD title was previously reported to be "premium DLC" for Modern Warfare II (MW2), with Activision opting to skip an entry for the first time in many years. Activision has decided to stick to the yearly release schedule and instead develop a game dubbed Modern Warfare III, which will be very similar to MW2 but will include a zombies mode as well as many maps from the original Modern Warfare trilogy.
Key dates for Modern Warfare III’s release cycle via Insider Gaming:
- Official reveal: August 1, 2023
- Beta Weekend 1 (PS4/PS5): October 6, 2023–October 10, 2023
- Beta Weekend 2 (PS4/PS5/Xbox One/Xbox Series X|S/PC): October 12, 2023–October 16, 2023
- Campaign Early Access (PS4/PS5/Xbox One/Xbox Series X|S/PC): November 2, 2023
- Full Release (PS4/PS5/Xbox One/Xbox Series X|S/PC): November 10, 2023
- Season 1 Launch/New Warzone Map: December 5, 2023