A co-op Horizon game from Guerrilla is in the works
by Danny Craig ·
Guerrilla Games has released a sheet of job listings announcing positions in Amsterdam for three different Horizon franchise projects, one of which is an online co-op game.
- Guerrilla has shared an image on Twitter that lists all current open positions working on projects in the Horizon universe. In addition to the single-player team that will continue Aloy's story, the developer is looking for new team members to work on an online project set in the same universe.
- The new game will feature "a new cast of characters and a unique stylized look" and will focus on multiplayer, with Guerrilla adding "friends will be able to explore the majestic wilds of Horizon together.”
- We don't have any more information on the game, but we do know that Guerrilla was looking for a way to implement a co-op mode into Horizon as early as 2017 with Horizon: Zero Dawn before scrapping the idea.
- For those interested in applying, there are a variety of positions available, including writers, programmers, artists, and designers. The majority, if not all, of the positions are at the intermediate-senior level, so anyone interested in applying must have prior experience working on AAA projects.
What’s going on with Guerrilla?
- Guerrilla is currently working on a Horizon: Forbidden West DLC expansion titled Burning Shores, which will be released on April 19, 2023. The DLC will be exclusive to PlayStation 5 and takes place in Los Angeles' overgrown volcanic ruins, with Aloy returning as the main protagonist.
- Horizon: Call of the Mountain is also in the works as a PlayStation VR 2 exclusive. When compared to the over-the-shoulder gameplay of the mainline titles, the footage we've seen so far suggests that the game brings a completely new perspective on things like climbing and combat.
- During Sony's annual investor briefing in May 2022, it was revealed that a Horizon Netflix series was in the works. The series is being produced by Steve Blackman and his company, Irish Cowboy Productions, whose most notable work to date is The Umbrella Academy. There's no release date as of yet, but considering Irish Cowboy Productions is also working on another Netflix series titled Orbital, it could be a little while longer before we hear anything more.