ZeniMax Online Studios is looking for a Technical Artist to assist our Art teams in developing new and creative asset creation techniques, maintaining performance across all shipping platforms, and serving as a technical reference for Art production. The ideal candidate has a strong passion for creating narrative driven games in a highly collaborative setting.
- Develop and maintain artist facing tools in 3ds Max
- Develop simple/complex subsystems that are flexible and modular to support current and new tooling; communicate technical concepts to develop optimal tools
- Create, propose, design, and improve artist workflows
- Communicate problems, risks, and obstacles to the team on pipeline matters
- Work collaboratively with technical and creative team members
- 3+ years of professional industry experience in Tools/Technical Art
- Strong understanding of Python or another object oriented scripting language
- Strong understanding of Tool UI development and subsystems
- Experience in game art generation and implementation
- Familiarity with common data formats: XML/JSON/etc.
- Familiarity with common 3D data formats: OBJ/FBX/ALEMBIC/etc.
- Candidates must show an aptitude for learning new systems quickly; ability to adapt and respond to changing needs throughout the course of the development cycle
- Must be adept at taking a technical approach to problem solving for art production
- Solid math skillset
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must be self-sufficient and have strong time management skills
- PyQt or PySide
- Understanding of low-level game data pipelines
- Documentation practices for developers and users of tools
- Basic Code development practices and management
- MMO experience a plus