WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world’s best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
WB Games is a leader in the games industry across all game platforms and mobile devices. Our diverse and inclusive workforce creates and brings to life the most beloved characters, franchises, heroes, and wizards in the world. We are fans of what we make and proud of what we do. We have studios and offices across the globe.
Join us. Shape your story here.
This technical role in the Warner Bros. Central Game Technologies team offers an experienced engineer the opportunity to collaborate in the envisioning, designing, and building of a wide variety of enterprise-level game development tools, pipelines, and services. The problem space ranges the gamut of games technology and will require an engineer with an exceptional ability to learn.
Critically, the role also requires an engineer who has passion for helping others achieve and is prepared to drive this through innovation and development to fill needs, such as shared technology or inter-studio communication platforms. Collaboration and co-development with the many WB Games studios will be a routine part of the role, giving exposure to the many tools and technologies developed around WB Games.
- Direct development of technology, systems, and pipelines
- Research and dissemination of knowledge and best practices
- Guiding outsourcers and mentoring of staff
- Meetings and planning
- 8+ years of software engineering experience
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills with excellent debugging abilities
- The ability to write efficient and optimized code
- Experience in one or more of animation, physics, rendering, tools architecture, content build pipelines, backend services or other game-centric disciplines
- Experience working with 1st party game platforms (Xbox, PlayStation and Steam) in an engineering capacity
- Experience with Unreal or equivalent game engine in an engineering capacity
- Experience with some or all of Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Jira (or other bug databases), Confluence, Visual Studio, Perforce (or other source control tools)
- Strong desire to build industry-leading technology and help others achieve
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with engineers and content creators to develop robust, maintainable, cutting-edge technology
- Ability to openly discuss and review technical proposals, requirements, designs, algorithms, source code, and reference documents with engineers, content creators and managers
- Creative, focused, results-oriented, self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver
- A passion for gaming
The Nice to Haves
- College degree in software engineering, architecture, or computer science preferred
- Experience writing multithreaded code
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.