Tournament Specialist, Esports
The Tournament Specialist will primarily be responsible for the set-up and monitoring of live tournaments. Along with the Competitive Gaming manager, the Tournament Specialist will drive engagement across different player segments to improve overall retention of World of Tanks, APAC.
The Tournament Specialist will be an additional point of contact between players and those responsible for generating new tournament features and functionality!
*This job is open for applicants based in either Sydney, Australia or Tokyo, Japan
The Tournament Specialist will report to the Competitive Gaming Manager
What will you do?
- Plan and execute a variety of tournaments, both online and offline, targeting different player segments
- Keep abreast of tournament regulations and features as described by Competitive Gaming Manager and Clanwars Specialist
- Work closely with Live Ops, Business Intelligence to monitor tournament health and player data respective of WOT APAC KPIs
- Work closely with content and community teams to disseminate tournament information to players
- Engage with the tournament community through various social media platforms gathering feedback and suggestions for improvement
- Contribute to competitive gaming beats planning with the rest of WOT APAC publishing
What are we looking for?
- Strong passion for videogames and esports
- Experience with tracking and analyzing performance metrics and other data
- Exceptional community engagement skills
- Business level English (spoken/written)
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Previous experience as tournament organizer or esports specialist is preferable
- Previous working experience in gaming industry
- Knowledge of World of Tanks and its competitive scenes is a plus
- Proficiency in other APAC languages is a plus