Game Producer - Vicarious Visions
As a game studio that’s been around for 3 decades, Vicarious Visions has a vibrantly colorful and prestigiously successful past of guitar-playing, pro-skating, and Wumpa fruit-hoarding. As a new member of the Blizzard family, we also have an exhilarating future ahead of us. We are more excited than ever to join in the making of Blizzard franchises that are known and treasured around the world.
Our studio, located in beautiful upstate New York, provides developers a safe, warm environment to hone their skills and become leaders of their craft. Creativity and innovation are cornerstones of our practice, and we nurture new ideas from all of our people. Crucially, we are a family of uniquely individual voices, and we have fostered a culture of diversity and inclusivity. We thrive on collaboration, respect, and fun. Join us!
This is a full-time position at our office in Albany, New York.
- Motivate and support to your team and contribute to a positive work environment
- Guide the completion of project goals and facilitate communication, organization, and process improvement across all departments
- Own the day-to-day tasking and scheduling for several small teams with an emphasis on engineering
- Effectively communicate with developers of all disciplines
- Identify roadblocks and project risks and be involved in finding solutions
- Promotes and contributes to a culture of inclusion and diversity
- Collaborate with team leadership and other producers to keep teams moving toward a shared vision
- Help make informed decisions in conjunction with team leads on work methods, development pipeline, priorities, and available people
- Work with team leads to make decisions on priorities, development pipelines, work methodologies, and resource allocation.
- Facilitate team and department meetings to reach decisions effectively
- 3+ years of experience in game production or project management
- Familiar with game development processes and pipelines
- Able to work with team leads and directors to align priorities
- Experience tracking a complex project and providing support to clear blocking issues
- Strong project and people management skills
- Calm and deliberate within a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative
- The ability to remove ambiguities in communications and planning by refining them with more detail
- Interest in video games
- Proficient with Jira and Confluence
- Passion for game development and MMO games
- Experience with software engineering