We are looking for a Data Developer to join our Unity Data Initiative team. You will be part of a team testing promising new ideas with an impact on a huge user base. You will work on projects with the opportunity to influence company wide success. Your goal is to emit and identify Unity's uniquely scalable data so we can accelerate our differentiation in data science relative to our competition. The right candidate understands what it takes to build machine learning products from a data engineering, software engineering and infrastructure perspective and can spot areas of improvements in existing products.
- Data engineering, ensuring scalable and reliable data between systems that are live 24/7
- Software engineering, developing robust efficient software services to integrate data and machine learning
- Ensure high-quality with unit and integration tests, and keep our code maintainable, scalable and debuggable
- Play an active part in our continuous deployment and continuous integration process
- Participate in everything from modelling, implementation, and measuring to defining the technology architecture and how we do machine learning and build the product
- Broad range of responsibilities can be adjusted based on your experience and interests
- Experience with relational databases, SQL
- Understanding of how different data storage and query engines work and their limitations (SQL, NoSQL, key-value stores)
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure, such as GCP, AWS, or Azure
- Working knowledge of Java, C++, C, Scala, GO, Python, or other Object-Oriented Languages
- Familiarity with Java, MapReduce, and Spark jobs
- Experience with ETL jobs, data pipelines, or large-scale data manipulation and storage projects
- Knowledge of data science and machine learning concepts and software patterns
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world's most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.