Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Ubisoft Bordeaux works with passion on the biggest AAA's and aims to offer the best gaming experiences for our players. Today, our studio counts more than 320 talents from 15 different nationalities and is working on licenses such as Assassin’s Creed, Rainbow Six, Beyond Good & Evil 2, but also on mobile games, as well as exciting technologies with Harbour team, our Ubisoft's online service group, the Streaming team and with La Forge which seeks to validate the value of technological innovations.
You are joining a team of Technical Artists under the supervision of the Technical Artistic Director. You will be in direct contact with the artistic teams and programmers.
As a Technical Artist, you are responsible for identifying and developing the processes and occasionally the tools that will optimize the current production workflow:
- Design and develop (with MaxScript, Python, etc.) effective tools with simple user interfaces for production teams
- Optimize memory and game performance by realizing artistic and gameplay intentions within project constraints
- Set up technical content in our game world
- Provide daily support to the Art and Technical team and help team members to perform their jobs as efficiently as possible
- Technical tracking of Assets in the engine
- Documentation of the Technical and Art pipelines
- You have proven technical skills in performance, optimization and method.
- You are proficient in 3ds Max, Maya, Houdini and Substance Designer (ideally).
- You have solid scripting skills in C#.
- You have significant experience on a gaming engine and an overall understanding of the artistic pipeline and workflow.
- You have already had the opportunity to grow in different areas, such as environment modeling, animation, visual effects, shaders and lighting.
- You are independent, have solid deductive skills and can work efficiently on a team and communicate your ideas.
- Your English proficiency allows you to work in an international context.
- You have a strong background in video games.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
- Phone Interview
- Interview with our internal teams
- Final interview with the project manager
If your application is not retained, you will receive a negative answer. According to the sanitary measures related to COVID-19, all interviews will be held by visioconference and every employee can partially work from home.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences, we value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status. All personal informations will be treated as confidential according to the Employment Equity act.