Welcome to Ubisoft Philippines.
We push creativity and break boundaries, building breathtaking worlds from the ground up. We’ve developed award-winning AAA games, the likes of Assassin’s Creed (AC) Valhalla, Far Cry 6, For Honor, AC: Odyssey, AC: Origins and The Crew 2
Ready to take entertainment to the next level?
Embark on an epic journey and Create the Unknown with us.
A Technical Artist will work closely with artists and programmers to help with the asset and pipeline optimizations. You will participate in the implementation of technical art features, develop tools and workflows, and will perform debugging on tools and processes.
The main and usual functions of the Technical Artist are to:
- Setting up and maintaining production pipelines and workflow
- Develop and test tools that will be used by the artists to improve and assist their work in production
- Work with Art Leads, Technical Directors and QA to ensure that all the assets conform to technical requirements
- Use the best tools and methods for improving and facilitating the graphic workload
- Share best practices, conduct training sessions to the team to ensure proper use of tools and methods
- Integrate, validate and optimize graphic data in the engine by using scripts if needed
- Ensure that graphic bugs are fixed according to their priorities and provide support to the other artists
- Produce and maintain documentation on tools, methods, trainings, processes, and engine limits for consultation and future reference.
- Help and spearhead the QA Team on ensuring that assets are 100% bug-free and shippable
- Gatekeeper of Tech Art constraints, pushing for top visual quality and performance
- Optimization and Profiling
- Knowledge in the ff areas in game development:
- Modelling & Texturing
- Scripting/Tools Development
- Shaders (GLSL/HSLS)
- Rendering & Post Processing
- Rigging and Animation
- Strong understanding of Graphic Rendering Pipeline for next-gen technologies
- Experience working with Game Engines (Unreal, Unity, CryEngine) is a plus
- Experience working with Source Control (Git, Perforce, Mercurial)
- Strong Technical Background on the Art Production Process and Workflows
- Programing Knowledge (C++, C#, Python, Maxscript) with strong Data Structures
- Knowledge of UI Development for Tools (WPF, WinForms, XAML, QT) is a plus
- Strong communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Background in 3d development software (3DS Max, Maya, Blender, Motion Builder)
- Eagerness to learn current developing next-gen technologies for games
- Able to work under pressure, learn new skills, and develop a good relationship between the team
- Experience in collaboration between artists, programmers, technical directors
- Strong organizational skills
- Creative at finding solutions
Ubisoft Philippines is a certified Great Place to Work ™ – our people always come first. We enable our teams to succeed in the world stage, where we are proud to take part in the most ambitious projects in gaming.
As our teammate, you will receive the best training, including overseas trips, mentorships, and access to online courses and resources covered by us. The workplace will be your playground, where you can fuel your creativity with free fresh fruits and snacks in the pantry, freshly brewed coffee, soft-served ice cream, and popcorn!
Work-life balance is important to us, which is why you’ll have a flexible work arrangement during the pandemic, on top of free physical & mental health benefits and more.
Come as you are. We value diversity and representation. We empower you to launch your own initiatives with our Diversity & Inclusion council composed entirely of volunteer employees.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences.
We are an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.