Ubisoft Barcelona, has developed for over 20 years a strong expertise in the production of videogames from a large variety of genres and platforms. Our goal is to bring outstanding experiences to our players around the world. Our passion is innovation and using cutting-edge technology to deliver the unexpected.
Our teams are behind memorable AAA titles such as “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, “Beyond Good & Evil 2”, “Assassin’s Creed Valhalla” … etc.
In this role, you’ll be joining the Balancing Cell team within R6 project and report to our Lead Gameplay programmer. You will work closely with your lead and other programmers, as well as with other disciplines to fully enhance the features and prototypes that goes into our project.
What you´ll do
- Design, implement and maintain gameplay systems together with game designers.
- Identify and define technical solutions for various gameplay features following design documentation.
- Ensure that newly developed features and systems meet minimum requirements and matches project’s code style.
- Produce efficient code and participate in code reviews.
- Analyze and correct bugs identified by people from other disciplines, development testers or you and your peers.
- Document your work to share knowledge on how to use the new systems and functionalities.
What you´ll bring
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills, with good knowledge of object oriented development.
- Knowledge of common algorithms, data structures and patterns, and the ability to apply them to problems while keeping constraints and performance in mind.
- Very good expertise of the software development environment and associated tools (i.e. Visual Studio, Perforce, etc.).
- Proven ability to debug bugs of a reasonable complexity.
- Experience developing gameplay systems in a networked game.
- Good MS Office skills (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Basic understanding of planning and monitoring tools (Jira, Excel).
- Ability to write clear, concise code & documentation keeping in mind performance, maintenance and compatibility with current systems.
- Ability to analyze unfamiliar code of a reasonable complexity to understand, extend and refactor.
- Ability to understand and apply the rational design methods.
- Ability to manage your own time and work within deadlines.
- Collaborate effectively with other team members.
- Good level of English.
- Prior experience in games development with shipped titles.
- Development experience in consoles is a plus.
- Knowledge of C# is a plus.
Our studio is located in one of the most popular urban area of Europe: Barcelona! We bet that you know Barcelona, either for its amazing architecture / monuments, famous nightlife, restaurants, super weather and beaches, culture or for its great life quality.
Here in Barcelona, as well as in the studio, you will meet people from around the world, eat hundreds of different foods, play different sports, talk about art and history, share amazing life experience with creative, open-minded and dynamic people.
We encourage everyone to inspire the world and build the future! We promote a friendly, creative and passionate culture to develop the best AAA game and invest time in playing any type of games, if it’s together, even better!
Are you ready to join the Ubi family for your new challenge? We are already excited to meet you!
Benefits and perks
- Restaurant Tickets: 120 € per month (1440€ net/Year).
- 25 working days of holidays and the day of your birthday.
- Flexible working hours & Flexible Friday.
- Work from home (Up to 60 % in a month under management validation).
- Beneficial Price to Sport activities and gym (app: Andjoy).
- Free Fruits and drinks in the Office.
- Breakfast on Monday in the Office.
- Free access to Ubisoft games on PC.
- Discounts for Ubisoft console games.
- Team Building events.
- Beneficial Price to a Health Care Insurance for you (and eventually to the members of your family).
- Access to tax discounts from your public transport and kindergarten costs.
- Relocation Assistance.
Ubisoft Barcelona as an equal opportunity employer is committed to create an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnic group, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, nationality, age, marital status, disability or all the other characteristics that make us different. We've learnt that we thrive on learning from each other, so we don't just welcome but actively hire a range of open-minded people from different backgrounds.
We encourage you to provide
- CV in English (In respect of the EOE statement we don´t require personal information such as picture, home address, ID number, etc.)