Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
If you are excited about solving game changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
As part of the User Research Lab in Paris, you will be part of a dynamic and growing team that plays a key role in Ubisoft's gamer-focused strategy. This team organizes user tests, workshops, and studies on almost all Ubisoft games in order to support and inform the game development teams and Ubisoft's top management.
As a Lead User Researcher, you will supervise experienced analysts and support them in the implementation of user tests. You will be responsible for the quality, relevance, impact, and organization of these tests and other research methods deployed within the UR Paris structure.
More specifically, your missions will be:
Consulting - Helping production teams translate their research needs/questions/strategies into operational tests
- Assist teams in identifying and reformulating their needs (refining questions, studying relevance and feasibility);
- Enable teams to optimize the use of their UR resources;
- Promote new and impactful research opportunities to production teams;
Planning - Optimize resource allocation within the Lab
- Translate tests requests into appropriate resources (e.g. time, seniority, project expertise);
- Define and arbitrate tests and project priorities with the Lab management;
- Manage the medium and long term workload plan, in terms of adaptation and planning
- Clearly communicate the Lab's testing capabilities to key contacts (i.e. production teams, UR project managers, editorial department, studio management);
Supervision - Provide close supervision of the Lab's experienced User Researchers
- Coach researchers, especially in the context of user testing;
- Document the performance and progress of team members;
- Define development plans adapted to the different profiles;
Quality - Promote the production of relevant and impactful user research
- Encourage and facilitate the use of creative and customized processes/methods;
- Ensure the means to deploy these new methods and testing approaches;
- Set up the means to monitor and control the quality of the deliverables;
The number of years of experience is given as an indication, do not hesitate to apply if you recognize yourself.
- You have a degree in a field related to user experience (e.g. Game Design, Psychology, Human and Social Sciences, Management Sciences),
- You have at least 5 years of experience in User Research, UX or User Testing (experience in the video game industry is a plus),
- You have a first significant experience in team management with a real managerial fibre,
- You attach particular importance to Quality issues in a more general way,
- You are comfortable speaking and know how to lead constructive discussions in a high-pressure environment,
- You are autonomous, organized, and practical,
- You are able to adapt quickly to changes and are a force of proposal,
- You have a good knowledge of video games (consoles, PC, mobile),
You have a fluent level of written and spoken English for this position with an international dimension.
Ubisoft Paris is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. The studio welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.