As a generalist programmer at Ubisoft Montreal, you will create stable, functional, and high-performance tools and systems that will allow the studio to realize its current and future creative visions, and to deliver internationally renowned games.
You will work in a collaborative, state-of-the-art environment on various aspects of production: game engine, editor, middleware, etc. You will also be able to sharpen your analytical skills by tackling the technical challenges associated with a variety of systems (AI, 3D, sound, animation, etc.), adding many other strings to your bow by doing so.
Your contributions will be essential to the foundation of our systems. Simply put, without your versatile know-how, the production teams won’t be able to do their work!
What you’ll do
- Develop generic systems that will support the functionalities of the specialized programming teams + ensure their integration (engine, editor, or middleware).
- Support the production teams by ensuring the stability and proper functioning of their systems and tools.
- Program in a clear and structured manner while respecting performance, maintenance, modularity, extensibility, and compatibility requirements.
- Be in constant communication with the production teams and the people who use your tools to respond to their requests and needs.
- Monitor performance and memory budgets and adjust as needed.
- Debug and optimize existing systems to facilitate the work of other programming teams.
- Document your work to transfer your knowledge and allow production to understand the systems and their functionalities.
- Keep abreast of advances in the field of programming.
What you bring
- Around 5 years of experience in software programming, ideally in the video game industry or any other relevant experience
- Excellent proficiency in various programming languages, especially C++
- A degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or related training)
- Good analytical and synthesis skills and attention to details
- Ability to work as part of a team and good interpersonal and communication skills
- Autonomy, curiosity and resourcefulness, that push you to go talk to people.
- Flexibility in the organization of your work, allowing you to adapt to changes.
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your background and skills
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.