Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Data scientists play a central role in Twitch's data-driven decision-making process. As a data scientist at Twitch, you will shape the way product performance is measured, identify questions that guide our product strategy, apply machine learning methods to uncover new insights, and scale our analytic methods and tools to support our growing business.
The Commerce team at Twitch is dedicated to building products and tools that help streamers make a living doing what they love. We are looking for an experienced data scientist to help develop new revenue streams for our creators, and enhance our existing offerings. Our ideal candidate is a full-stack data powerhouse who is experienced in driving product decisions throughout the product lifecycle using data and experimentation. You will join our talented team of engineers, product managers, designers, and analysts in bringing new streamer support products from idea to launch.
- Inform strategies and prioritization through insights derived from in-depth data analysis
- Identify opportunities to use machine learning techniques to enhance and personalize our product offerings
- Leverage statistical and analytic models to uncover insights, segmentations, and predictions that drive the business forward and help us uncover new product opportunities
- Use A/B experiments to guide product direction with iterative innovation and measurement
- Define and implement core metrics for product teams
- Develop automated dashboards and other self-service reporting tools to surface important data to stakeholders
- Develop scalable data pipelines to support analytics needs
- Evaluate and forecast impact of product features on creators, viewers, and the entire Twitch ecosystem
- 4+ years of experience as a data scientist or data analyst in a high-velocity product development environment
- Expert fluency in SQL-based data manipulation
- In-depth knowledge of A/B experiment design and able to leverage the results to guide product decisions
- In-depth experience using scripting languages such as R or Python for data analysis and machine learning techniques
- High level of comfort creating dashboards in Tableau or comparable software
- Impact-oriented, customer-centric approach to data analysis
- Experience with causal analysis or fraud detection
- Experience building data products
- Passion about online communities, games, and Twitch
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast & Lunch Served Daily
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, or other legally protected status.