Video Games Tester - Norwegian/English Localisation
When it comes to QA and Testing for games, VR, and film & television, you need considered solutions that work. We’ve got over 20 years of experience partnering with video game and entertainment companies from around the world. We give you Quality Assurance, Localisation, Compliance and Certification, and Customer Support that get it right the first time. Every time.
The position you are applying for, is an office-based role. During the COVID -19 pandemic that is effecting many businesses around the world, we have taken precautions to protect our employees and families.
During this pandemic and until further notice, this role will be remote based (from your home within the UK) and you will be supplied with the relevant equipment to carry out your role. Once we have further updates, we will cascade accordingly and will return to the office once it is safe to do so!
About the role
- Testing software to the required timescale across all the current gaming platforms.
- Entering any linguistic related bugs, flaws and issues into the database in English and in a clear and concise manner, providing solutions to any issues where required.
- Proofreading to ensure all text is accurately translated from the English copy.
- Translating between English and target language when required.
- Proactively complete assigned tasks accurately and thoroughly, and within a specified timeframe in order to detect (and subsequently report on a daily basis) localisation bugs.
- Communicate accurate information to other team members.
- Fluent Norwegian language skills.
- Fluent English language skills.
- Basic IT skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Passion for games (active gamer)
- Interest in translation and proofreading.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Game testing experience, either localisation or functionality.
- Experience in translation and proofreading.
- Basic MS Excel skills.
- Flexible, working to a Zero Hour Contract.
- Good communicator.
- Be willing to work till 2am.
- Happy with playing games on various platforms for up to 8 hours a day.
- Full- time project
- Casual contract or permanent contract
- Competitive hourly rate or monthly salary
- Work within an international, young team of real video games fans
- Daily contact with people from within the industry and access to large variety of games
- Informal and friendly working atmosphere
Employment: Casual Contract
Job Type: Flexible
If you are interested in this role, please apply now.
Due to the nature of this work, you will only be considered for this role if you’re currently living in London, UK.