Stardock is seeking an ASP.NET C# Developer to create, build, deploy, and modify web applications and functions that support our studio. This individual will play a key role in designing, implementing, and maintaining our in-house application Tachyon, which is responsible for various multiplayer functionality for our games. Building our next-generation web frontend for both announced and unannounced Stardock titles, this person will lead how we interface with the most important people to our work -- our players. This is a salaried, full-time position located at our Plymouth, Michigan studio with remote work flexibility.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Manage, maintain, and extend a highly-scalable enterprise web application.
- Develop robust and secure user-friendly interfaces in a .NET-based environment.
- Design application frameworks.
- Perform routine maintenance of websites and underlying infrastructure.
- Utilize API web services and mold user experiences using front end web coding.
- Design and implement improvements and changes to existing proprietary tools.
- Work with production and QA to address bugs.
Education and Experience Desired:
- 5+ years of experience in development.
- Proficient understanding of object oriented programming.
- Thorough knowledge of C#, ASP.NET, and SQL Server required.
- Experience writing application code that integrates into existing subsystems, including billing.
- Experience working in cloud environments like AWS/Azure.
- Professional experience working with source code control and project management software and tools such as Perforce and Jira.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills required.
- Passion for video games.
- Knowledge of CSS preferred.
- C++ experience is highly favored.